Since Colormusing is my own brand, I’ve had to come up with my own “client brief” for ongoing brand identity work. To date, this includes:
- this portfolio site
- business cards
- Colormusing website design
- Note: I’m in the middle of changing the Colormusing site to its new format, more of the blog it started as originally; I’m planning to post a project here about that former version in the future, and there’s a screenshot of the home page below.
- social media images (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
- product photography
- Hue News, my e-mail newsletter
- This is also in a bit of a transition; I’ll update this with a link to sign up for Hue News.
- writing style, applicable to product descriptions, blog posts, social media posts, etc.
My general preference, style-wise, has always been for the clean and simple, with a modern typographic style, usually on a white background— the better to focus on color, my dear. However, “clean and simple” can end up looking a bit static, a little boring, to be honest. So, since I also love to create photo montages, I’ve always incorporated montage-style illustrations into my identity work. (I also use montages for clients, where appropriate, including The Harvest Wine Bar.)
Here are some examples, starting with my Colormusing website/blog:
I almost forgot my business cards! <blush>